Thursday, September 11, 2008

What I've been up to...

This week has brought us the birthdays of the "twins"



A Dog backpack for Mason




A Skunk backpack for Stella


A bib and burp cloth for my upcoming nephew-
Caleb drew the bird shape based on the fabric pattern, I love it when we "collaborate"

For Mom and Dad- The very rich chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate peanut butter glaze... yum!... that I made with my new mixer. Smitten Kitchen for the original recipe and much better pictures of the cake (I went a little glaze happy) Thanks! I love it!


On Tuesday, this band's CD was released into stores (release party next Wednesday night- invite poster on sidebar to left) and they were interviewed for this magazine and had this picture as the pull out poster in the magazine. It is a recreation of an old Who Album cover. To quote Kenley from Project Runway- I think they "pretty much nailed it" Don't you think?


Tuesday night, we saw this musical...


It was WICKEDLY WONDERFUL! I can't believe that I went, what- 3 years! without realizing where the storyline would go. I was shocked the entire first act... She's bad!? She's good!?! Woah! And then SURPRISED the entire 2nd act as everything fell into place. I would elbow Caleb and whisper- wow, that's ____! and he'd look at me like he knew it all along. And I loved that he loved it too! I have to admit, I got a little teary at the end during the ovation. It makes me miss theater just a little.

While at the Pantages, we saw that THIS musical is coming next winter. We are SO there.


One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season, is watching Christmas videos. I get a new Christmas movie every year as tradition (one I made up for myself a few years ago! haha- the joys of adulthood- starting your own traditions!). We have so many, and the original Grinch is one that I watch several times every year.

6 comments:

Caleb said...

Great work on the backpacks! Thanks for giving me cred for the bird...
you rule.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS MOVIES!!!i love this post! You are so productive! & I love the projects! You are my hero..I think one year they should have a project runway "teams" and we could be a duo! haha. Except Id have to get way more experience sewing! Anyway, LOVE THE POST!
~Mari

Tanya said...

I loved wicked too. I thought the music was incredible and the story was really fun and interesting. I am so at the grinch too.

The Linabooty's said...

Loved the gifts and I love your week in reviews!

Barty Family said...

I need that chocolate cake recipe! Yummy! The link didn't work, so I'll have to get it from you at church or on e-mail or something.

Beth said...

That cake looks delicious!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the album release. Where can you buy it? Anywhere? Maybe I'll search online.