Sunday, September 28, 2008

Confession Time

Nope.  I have not finished a single room in my "Seasonal Cleaning" scheme.  Not that I have changed my mind about it being a good idea, I just found it a little overwhelming of an idea to do on my own.  Plus I have been keeping myself sooo busy that I just haven't had the time.  I have luckily over the last few days found the time to at least make my apartment liveable, which is at least the first step.  So I will be returning to the deep cleaning idea around um... Winter.  That way Caleb will be home to help me.

I went to six flags yesterday with some friends to celebrate a birthday.  My head and neck are still throbbing from all the insane rides I did.   I was so brave (crazy) and excited (nervous and anxious) to jump right on these rides (nearly walked right to the exit instead- actually did on 2) and afterward felt exhilarated (sore) and energetic (really, really tired).  Seriously, I had a great time and was really impressed with my list of thrill rides.  
Here are just a few of the many that I braved...

The Viper
Deja Vu
Goliath

Tweak Update:  Caleb and Ashton are in Carbondale, IL (our hometown).  They played a great show last night and it went really well.  They get to hang out with family for a few days before they have to leave to head further east.  I knew this part of his tour would be the hardest for me, because not only do I miss him, but I am also feeling left out of being in Carbondale and seeing our family.

Less than two weeks until I get to see him! YAY!

5 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Claire, it looks like you had a good time at Six Flags. I was bummed I couldn't go, but at the same time, I do get MAJOR motion sickness, so six flags is probably the last place I'd want to be. Ha! You're brave for doing those rides. That was a great birthday present from Jon to Kirsten!

Tanya said...

I'm impressed. I am to terrified to even go to Magic Mountain b/c I know I wouldn't be able to drag myself on a single ride and if I did I would probably regret it. I get motion sickness like Sarah so there is that, but mostly I am just too scared. But you are really brave...

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

No X?!? WHAT!! LOL. YAY for big fun rides, was it crowded?? You are doing so good Claire! Your hubby will be back before you know it..but you should really have a clean house for him to come home too ;) j/k! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Love your bravery (overcoming your fear);) because it was soooo fun! Not even Chris will get on Goliath!!!! My neck still hurts, it actually hurts more today than yesterday!!!

Lisa said...

Those coasters look amazing! I bet you are sore. I would love to try them out someday. How fun!