Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MidWeek Update

*** WARNING, DOWNER ALERT***
CB leaves tomorrow for his tour. Of course, this creates a bunch of mixed emotions.
I am...
Excited for him to see so much of this country's beauty.
Proud that he gets to go back to our hometown and play a show.
Happy that he's living out his dream as it is all starting to unfold.
Sad that he'll be gone.
Bummed that I'm left out of this adventure.
Anxiously awaiting the trip I'll take to Chicago to see him in 4 weeks.
Glad that cell phones were invented so I'll be able to talk to him all I want.
Sad that he'll be gone.
Looking forward to watching every show that airs on ABC.com to keep me occupied.
Starting to get that squeeze in my chest that makes it hard to breathe.
Relieved that I can support him in this.
Sad that he'll be gone.
It's just 5 weeks. It will be over and he'll be back before we know it.
And once he's back it'll be holiday season! Yay!
PS- BABY MAMA starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, was probably the funniest movie I've seen all year! Definitely recommending this one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know how you feel!!! Your excited for him (as a good wife should, haha) but bummed at the same time. I found that when Chris used to leave me for long periods of time...we loved each other more when he got back! And, there's this new found appreciation for one another. Kinda a good-side, right? ;)

Lisa said...

Things will be fine. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Remember your family and friends are here for you to lean on too.
We love you!

Sarah Heder said...

Yes! Remember we're all here to fill up the nights if you want to do something or hang out. I know it will be hard, but I agree with the other girls. You'll appreciate each other more. Hang in there!

Plus, I'll have to put Baby Mama on my netflix cue. Thanks for the recommendation!

Beth said...

I know just how you feel. Adam and I used to always leave each other to do shows when we lived in NYC. It was the worst.... excited for the opportunities and experiences, but we missed each other a lot. Just focus on the reunion I guess. I have no brilliant advice on how to make it easier. We moved to LA so we could be based in one city instead of all the traveling. Girls nights sound good to me.