Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Aftermath of the dress


*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!***

Last night I finished this dress for a friend's baby shower.  The color doesn't come up well, but it's green and light pink.  I like the fabric because it is either pink diamonds on a green background, or green circles on a pink background depending on how your eye sees it.


And this is what happens when you are a "single wife" and don't feel the need to clean up after your projects when you finish at 1am, or put away your clean laundry or groceries.  Yikes!


This is a close up of my "sewing space"  
Someday we'll have a room just for creativity where I can sew and 
Caleb can paint or draw or make music, etc.  I can't wait to get off the floor


Living the "single wife" life, was introduced to me by my friend Mari in this post and I've done it before when Caleb went on tour for 6 weeks last fall.  

But this time, I'm going to make a plan and try to get some stuff done and not be so lazy.
This is what I want to accomplish in the remaining 9 days before he gets back:

1.  Clean up above mess and put away those clean clothes- alas already wrinkled.
2.  Make a few more dresses like above dress using all the great fabrics I got shopping with my friends Tanya and Michelle
3. Finish Harmony's Mei Tai!!!  I'm going to do that this afternoon- I promise!
4.  Learn this dance and if it's good enough, maybe I'll post it!  haha we'll see...
5. I also have plans for a skirt for me from a pattern out of this book I recently got and love. 
6.  Watch the first season of GG on DVD- I've had it for 2 weeks and haven't watch a single episode yet.  I'm having my friend Brittany over to watch with me next week, so if anyone would like to join us, let me know.


6 things.  That's doable I think.  

Oh. And a final flossing update- 
It has been a full month and is now officially a part of my routine. 
yay! for resolutions that actually work out!

4 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

First of all, I LOVE that dress!! It so beautiful. You truly are a talented seamstress!! Next time you take a class, I want to come! Second, I am sad you are a single wife right now! :( But I am happy you are going to be productive! And the sewing mess makes me laugh, it looks SO much like my own!

Thomas said...

Dear Aunt Claire,
Please do not do that dance, and if you do decide to, please do not post it. I can post the video of you doing the Soulja Boy dance at Grandma's house if I need to give you an incentive not to do it.
Love,
Nephew Thomas

Beth said...

Can everyone in our ward who is crafty set up shop so I can start buying stuff from all you talented ladies! Love the dress. And the shot of your messy apt. is classic. I should take one of my place after my kids have been running around for a few hours.

Sarah Heder said...

Claire, I am in love, IN LOVE with the dress you made! It is amazing! Oh, and I love your messy room because that's what my house looks like too, except with a lot of toys in there.