Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jury Duty... and a purse


Today, I had to report downtown for Jury Duty.  By lunch, I was done for.  Selected for a jury.  I am not at liberty to discuss the case, but let's just say it is unfortunately boring.  At least I am out of work for 3-4 days...

Anyway, here are pictures of a crochet purse that I made for my cousin Lisa's birthday.  It was about four months late, but my very first crochet project ever.  I am really happy that I learned on a pattern of a large project and didn't just make a shapeless scarf.


The hook was really small, so it took quite awhile, but still much faster than knitting!


Caleb and I got inspired Sunday evening to clean out our closets and got rid of sooo much stuff.  Note the wheel-less skateboard deck that CB got free 2 1/2 years ago... hmmm...
After this picture was taken, I separated it out into a pile to take to the regular thrift store, and a different pile of just my clothing to donate to the battered women's shelter.  It made me realize that I dress like a teenager.  Hopefully the women will like some of it.  



5 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Claire, that crochet purse is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!!

That Brown Guy said...

I LOVE THE CROCHET PURSE!!! You MUST tell me where to buy the pattern. Pretty please. :) I haven't knitted in forever but I still have needles. My grandma taught me when I was in high school. I knitted half a blanket before I retired. ;) - Arlene

Beth said...

I love that purse. I want one! :)
So funny, Adam has jury duty this week too. Random.

Tanya said...

that purse is darling. I am very impressed. Your cousin is going to love it.

Lisa said...

I do absolutely love the purse and enjoy receiving compliments on it everytime I carry it. Claire, you could earn lots of money making these purses for people. Think about it! A side job, maybe?