Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Here's Johnny...

I went to set at 2am on Monday for a 1930's call on a new movie.  
I went pretty much with the hope that I would get a glimpse of Johnny Depp.
My coworker, Tony brought his daughter (also a big Johnny fan) along to the set.  We finished checking in all the background actors around 6am.  Johnny's makeup call was 7am.  We wandered around the racetrack, killing time and then headed to basecamp to stalk, er... wait, for Johnny to arrive.  
Of course, when the time comes, I miss him (due to my attempt to "look casual, non stalkerish"), and alas... he is in the makeup trailer for at least another hour.  We go to set.  Set call was 8am.  We wait on set. and wait. and wait.  FINALLY... 9:30am he shows, walks up looking incredibly cool in his 1930's look (which after working on the Changeling last year, I am super obsessed with).   I nonchalantly scope him out from the balcony for about 5minutes until he walks to the other side of the horse paddock for the next shot.  I figure, well, saw Johnny CHECK, I should go home, after all I've been on the clock about 8 hours and I haven't even gone to the office yet.  So I say goodbye to Tony and Samantha and take off to go home and sleep for a few.
  
I WAKE UP TO THIS PIX MESSAGE ON MY CELL... 



Not only did she meet him, but she got a picture and he put his arm around her!  Johnny may be a super rad guy on screen, but he is also very nice and accomodating to his fans.  I would've only had to wait 3 more hours on set for this!  haha!  That's what I get for going home to sleep...   

1 comments:

makaya larson said...

ahh man!