Thursday, November 5, 2009

The No Good Very Bad Day

Well, it could have been worse (obviously) and already being at home and relaxing, it's looking up already. But...


I had a dentist appointment. And I have a cavity. This whole being pregnant makes me barf while brushing my teeth, so I rush through it while gagging the whole time thing has finally caught up to me I guess. It isn't a huge one- since it doesn't hurt or anything, but I have to wait 6 months to deal with it, so I'm going to try to give up soda and sugary candy for the most part and try my very best to keep it from getting worse.

I had to work with pretty much one of the most loathed clients ever today (I only have 2 on my list really). But this one. Wooo boy. Awful. Can't admit she's wrong about anything. Asked me for the name of the "referee" that worked on a specific day and when I gave her the name of the only one listed- she insisted htat wasn't him and there was another one. Nope, there isn't. Flash to hours later and we figure out that she needs one of the "coaches" back. When I figure this out and email her back, her reply was that FYI- in our world a ref and coach are the same thing and then basically commented that I should have just told her, blah blah blah... HELLO?!!? No they are not the same thing! Grrrr. This seems like something that isn't a big deal but the history with this person- is that she is never wrong and everyone else is an idiot for not automatically knowing. What takes 1 hour to finish for anyone else, takes 5 hours for her. But at least I am just covering for someone on vacation and this is only temporary.

Then just as I am finishing up, I call Caleb to tell him I'm headed home. He's just found out that the airline that they are flying to Europe for their tour charges tons of extra fees for 1st and 2nd checked bags and since they have to bring lots of their equipment, guitars, etc. They will rack up at least an additional $130 each for baggage. He was already stressing about this tour, so that just adds to it, huh?

Lastly (hopefully), I'm pulling into our parking spot and my headlights hit... well, they hit where his bike is supposed to be. His bike was STOLEN! I almost didn't want to tell him. His bike that he had tinkered with and sanded and painted and adjusted and enhanced until it was just perfectly what he wanted. STOLEN! Jerks. They left my bike. They left our dumb wake boards. Seriously?! Who steals a bike with a kryptonite lock on it!?! Jerks.

We're going to just going to stay in and eat frozen pizza and then hide under the covers and hope that tomorrow will be another day and a better one :)


6 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh man - that's awful! Sorry you had a cruddy day and I hope that tomorrow is much, much better. Also, your dentist won't take care of a cavity while you're pregnant? I guess it depends on how bad it is but mine did after calling my OB to get permission.

Rachel said...

bummer! I hope your day goes better tomorrow!

brookeisacrazylady said...

i can't tell you how great it was to read about someone else's bad day. thanks so much!

Unknown said...

reading about other people's bad days made me feel like I had an awesome day. I know tomorrow will be better, the day after a bad day is always a good one. I can't believe someone stole caleb's bike that is a jerk...

Sarah Heder said...

Horrible! Horrible day! And I thought I was having a bad day until I read your post. Yikes! I'm sorry, Claire. I hope it turns around quickly and you have some good days ahead of you!

Claire said...

You guys are all nice, cause I read this right before posting and thought- What a whiner! :)