Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Embarrassing Moment of the Day

I just spent 15 minutes killing time on the computer while my rice cooked in my rice cooker (I got one from my assistant at work for my birthday this year- this is an amazing invention! I feel like an infomercial- "you set it and forget it!").  I eventually looked over and saw the "keep warm" light on (also known as "done" light) and went to prepare my bean, brown rice and cheese burrito I'll be having for dinner.  I open the lid and see the pile of hard, uncooked rice sitting in water- what?!?  My first thought was really- wow, does it not work for brown rice?  Finally it dawned on me, I never hit the cook button.  It doesn't work so well if you forget to set it!  Now I'm killing more time on the computer, and I'm SOOOO hungry.  

Yep, this is what I've come to: Blogging about failed cooking attempts while using shortcut appliances.  

**2 1/2 days and I'm on my way to the midwest to meet up with Caleb on Saturday!**

6 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I love this post! Yay for seeing Caleb, you have survived this long- you are almost there!!

Hillary said...

Um, I forgot to plug my rice cooker in once. The timer went off and it was completely uncooked. I tried to save it by microwaving which also failed. In a flash of brilliance I dumped the half-cooked sludge down the drain and clogged my disposal.

Pam said...

my in-laws have a rice cooker where all the buttons are written in chinese. It seriously took me 15 minutes to figure out how to turn the stupid thing on.

Unknown said...

sadly, I've done that one too many times myself! I'm so happy you get to go and see Caleb soon! :)

Sarah Heder said...

Oh, the cooking disasters I could share! Yikes! That was funny! I would have been more annoyed about the fact that I would have been starving! And again, thanks for the Project Runway tip of them being on Regis and Kelly. I'll see you tonight, but I'm excited for you to leave on your trip soon!

brookeisacrazylady said...

THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT. i've done that, but with the crock pot.