Friday, December 11, 2009

Rather Uncomfortable...

Do you think I could remove my bottom ribs? I'm starting to get incredibly uncomfortable. I'm just now almost 6 months pregnant and getting really claustrophobic thinking about the next 3 1/2 months and how much worse they are probably going to feel. I'll be sitting at my desk at work and will just start feeling like all my insides are being pushed into my lower ribs. I don't really want my ribs to expand (they haven't yet, but I hear they do)... but it is really suffocating to feel like there isn't enough room in there for both the baby and my vital organs. And I'm sure that this isn't really that bad yet-- ultimately the thing that freaks me out the most. If anyone wants to comment that the last three months actually get better/easier/more comfortable,etc- that's fine. I need to hear the lies.

Also started having the Braxton Hicks contractions (well, was just recently told that that's what was happening anyway)-- I think it freaked Caleb out a little bit when I told him over Ichat about it. But I assured him that they don't hurt and are just a clenching-ish type feeling and then my stomach feels super hard and are totally normal, etc etc... Poor guy, he's already worried about not being here with me, but now I tell him something that automatically makes him think - uh oh!
The number of people who have felt her kicks (besides CB and I of course) is now up to 5. I'm sure the number would be higher- if it wasn't a little weird to me still to have people press their hand to my stomach for up to 15 seconds at a time without moving it haha- because she really kicks so much. She's back to being the hulk baby.
And for the good news- One week from right now, Caleb will be back in the good ol' US and we'll be together. Hooray! This has been a LONG one. Today is 3 weeks since I've seen him. Add in the intense time zone differences, the spotty internet service, and the $1 a minute phone rates, and this has been the least we've communicated in the past 11 1/2 years... I'm doing pretty good though, considering everything. I haven't had a major cryfest breakdown, which I usually have at least one during his tours. I did have a few tears fall yesterday, but they weren't too bad. And considering the pregnancy hormones that make me cry during the Biggest Loser (ok, I admit- I cry during that anyway), I'm pretty proud of how good I've been :) I check weather.com everyday to make sure that St Louis and Chicago will have good enough weather and no flight delays to keep us apart. My Mom and Aunt Marcia are in town to visit me until Tuesday afternoon, so we have a busy weekend planned and they're going to help me get ready to fly home in less than a week. I am sure the time will fly by.
PS- He's in Scotland right now. That's so rad.

4 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Scotland? That IS rad!

I am sorry about the kicking! Hopefully the pain will go away soon! I know every pregnant girl I've talked to has felt the same as you do now--there just isn't enough room!! hang in there! She will be here before you know it!

Beth said...

Ugh. It is so hard to be uncomfortable. Soon your husband can come back and give you plenty of back rubs. One of the best things I did for myself in both of my pregnancies was get a maternity massage from Burke William. Soooo great. And worth every penny. Wouldn't help so much with the rib thing, but still...

Sarah Heder said...

I'm so glad you have family in town to help keep you company and to keep you busy.

I feel your pain about being uncomfortable. With Josie, I worked up to a week until my due date when I had her. I just had to get up a lot out of my office chair and walk around a little bit. Try and wear comfy loose pants/skirts/whatever if you can so it won't press against your belly. I'm so sorry you're already so uncomfortable. I promise it will get better . . . maybe? : )

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire...It wasn't too long ago I was sharing the same discomforts with you. :) But, you're soooo close to welcoming your baby girl...a little discomfort for just a little longer and she'll be here before you know it. :) I can't wait to meet her!