Tuesday, May 19, 2009

There's no crying in softball

Even when you lose horribly- 2-10 Yikes!
It was pretty brutal, but we played a team of cops and firemen, so... I think we did pretty well. Most of their runs were scored in one horrible off inning. I played 2nd base for the first inning, then right field the rest of the game. I didn't see too much action on the field- and could've done better when I did. Oh, well. It is just the start of the season.
These pictures are actually from the game 2 weeks ago, but here I am in my cute uniform with my assistant, Lauren. Do you see my rad pink addidas stripe cleats! They are pretty much the most comfortable shoe I've even worn. Like walking on clouds!



Here I am playing 2nd. I think they had just walked someone. Usually I'm a little more "ready"



Here I am batting. I've never struck out (knock on wood)
Last night I got two singles, but never got to score.


And just for fun, my mom dug out my grade school softball picture.
My glove is bigger than my head! I am guessing this was the summer between 3rd and 4th grade, based on the bad perm!

6 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

HOT uniforms!! You guys are so cute. I hope to come to a game soon! & i LOVE the kid picture! Look how blonde you are!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I LOVE your grade school pic. Sooo cute. I knew you were a cheerleader but I didn't realize you played softball too!

Tanya said...

How cute are you? I love sports. I play volleyball on wednesdays and I think it is awesome, i look forward to it every week. I think your shoes are pretty cute. How is Caleb doing?

Sarah Heder said...

That last picture of you is awesome! You seriously look pretty much the same, except for the hair, of course. You look hot/cute in your outfit! Has Kaleb seen you in it yet? Could be good for a night of role-playing or something. Yeah, that's right. I said it. I think it's only on your blog that I cross the line with my comments!

makaya larson said...

I like your friends sassy comments and I think you look adorable in that last pic.
Doug Lee RIP

Beth said...

Love this post!!! And the picture of little you is classic.