Monday, May 4, 2009

I know you're on the edge of your seats...



Well...

WE WON! 12-10!!

I was sooo nervous but it ended up being okay. First inning I played 2nd.
I got a hit in the 2nd inning and made it to 1st base. Unfortunately
the next batter hit a pop up to just behind 1st base... so I had to wait to run- and then once it was dropped I took off to 2nd. Well, I knew the play was coming
my way... I could see the guy getting ready, so I did it- I slid into 2nd... but still got out. I must've learned to slide from Harm and Kaya (or from Haven haha)... because it was totally automatic, I just did it. Ouch. Here is a picture of my battle wound right from the dug out.

WARNING- not for the faint of heart ;) If you look at the sock pulled back, you can actually see the skin that scraped off stuck to it. Yuck!


And here is my wound now, in better lighting.

But yeah, it was a great game. I never got to cross the plate, but I hit every at bat. I got out at 1st once, out at 2nd once, and out at 3rd. Gee whiz... I guess I should work on my base running! I'll be in NY with CB next Monday, so I have 2 weeks til my next game. Maybe I'll start running in the mornings again. hmmm

If I get pics tomorrow from the other players or fans, I'll put them up here so you all can see me in my cute uniform!

4 comments:

The Linabooty's said...

Good job Claire a little blood is what I like to see!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, we're in May already!!!! I would've been there (but my car is in the shop) Can't wait for the next game! I'll be there! :)

Ouch!!!!

Beth said...

That's awesome. And you are hardcore that you got injured, too. :)

PS - I like your choices on your Shelfari Bookshelf.

Brent and Emily said...

That's gross, but more importantly, awesome. :)