Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Swap done!


I belong to this craft website, craftster.org. I thought it would be fun to participate in a "swap" where I make items for a stranger and they make items to send to me. I thought I'd start easy and go with what I know for my first one- so I picked a baby items swap.
These are the items that I made...
An owl onesie that uses both paint and felt
A diaper wipe case
A burp cloth and matching reversible bib
A taggie blanket- my first ever and surprisingly quick and easy!


I mailed it all out this morning. I hope she likes them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm clueless when it comes to sewing---on the taggie blanket, how do you make the ends "seamless"? (This is a dumb question) Do you tuck in the fabric?

Also, I've really been wanting to make burp cloths...where do you get the cloth/fabric???

Sarah Heder said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the the fabric! A tag blanket was the first thing Michelle Cooke taught me how to sew on my sewing machine. I was surprised at how easy it was to make too! Cute!

Hillary said...

Oooh - I love it all! Each piece is so cute and the whole set is just over-the-top adorable.

Thomas said...

Dear Aunt Claire,
I know it has been a LONG time since you have been a baby so I will cut you some slack. But as a reminder, owls are fierce birds of prey. Look at
this
! Quite a bit different than what you had in mind when crafting your swap gifts, huh? I know it is too late since the gifts are already made, but perhaps you should send an apology note and maybe a toy tractor or something.
Love,
Thomas

Brent and Emily said...

Adorable! I LOVE that fabric!

Lisa said...

Love them all! Nuggett would like the taggie blanket please!!!
Thanks Aunt Claire!!

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love them...tell me when i can place my order...or take a class, charge me!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

i love how they all turned out! & that wipe case is SO soft! She will love all of it!

makaya larson said...

The owl is so cute Claire! Tooh Tooh!
My favorite is the little blankie
you are great!