Thursday, November 27, 2008

Today I am thankful...

The celebration of Thanksgiving began with the Pilgrims feeling grateful that they survived a long hard time adjusting to their new surroundings, making some cool new friends, and having a good meal to eat.  Today I am thankful for much the same... and these as well:

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who supported my meager attempts to tackle the entire Thanksgiving dinner today.  He blasted the Christmas music starting at 10am and helped with all the boring tedious stuff I dislike the most.  He was side by side in the kitchen peeling and slicing apples and sweet potatoes, and boiling and chopping, mashing and blending.  I am also thankful for the easy breezy - never had to physically touch it - Jennie O Oven Ready Turkey... this might be a yearly buy.

I am thankful for the roof over our head (even though it leaked on our bed yesterday with the recent rain- Hopefully it stays dry for awhile).  Our friend Arlene and I participated a couple weeks ago in the United Way HomeWalk and it opened my eyes to just how many people are living on the streets and how grateful I am to have a warm bed to go to each night.

I am thankful that I work for a company that is supportive and stable.  With layoffs and bailouts the new constant, I am relieved to work for a company that actually has it's act together.  Even though I'm often heard exclaiming "I'm so over work!" I am thankful for my job.

I am thankful for the success that Caleb is finally finding in his music.  I am overwhelmed with pride at how hard they've worked and how they stuck with it through drummer after drummer and every bump along the way.  I am thankful for the adventure that England will be for us and excited for more opportunities that his music will bring.

I am thankful for my large and ever expanding family (2 new babes due in the next 6 months).  Especially for my niece and nephews that get bigger and funnier everyday.  I am leaving this Thanksgiving post with some pictures of Haven, soon to be 5-years old.  The first two pictures were last night at Ashton's birthday party.  We realized that he was going to jump into every picture we took, so some we kind of set up like, "Alright, I'm going to take a picture of just CB now".  Here's a sampling...



And here are some from tonight at Thanksgiving dinner...

Just a tad late on this one...


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  The Christmas season has officially started!



3 comments:

The Linabooty's said...

I can't believe how old Haven looks!! Thanks for posting these. Glad you had a great day!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Cute! I love this post! Those pictures are so funny too! Happy Thanksgiving to you & HURRAY for England!!

Unknown said...

I love this. I think I need to make a list of my own. ;)