Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Let's Talk Turkey

(To talk turkey means to discuss in a straightforward manner- I looked it up.)

Thanksgiving is in two days and I'm cooking dinner for the LA family.
We made our menu today and no where did it indicate that I intended to cook a turkey (we talked about buying pre cooked ones- but found out later that they are PRICEY!). I would imagine that 90% of those of you that might happen to read this blog would know that I don't really like touching meat. Cooking a real live turkey seems to require all sorts of "dirty work" that I don't want anything to do with. BUT while getting the ingredients for the stuff I DO plan on making, I happened upon this.

An oven ready turkey!
No Thawing!
No Cleaning!
No Stuffing!
And most importantly... NO TOUCHING!

Just take it out of the bag, cut slits in the "FOOL PROOF" bag, stick it in a roasting pan and then into the oven and 3 hours or so later- you're done.

I think we have a plan.


PS- Feel better soon Makaya!

4 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Claire! Where can I buy this turkey??? I've been looking for something like this! I think I have to do turkey for Dan and I and I've never made one before and I just don't know what to do and what you've found looks good and simple and easy! Where do I find this?

Sarah Heder said...

Sorry. I have to clarify. I know how to find it online. What I mean is --- do you know if they sell it at a Ralph's or Von's or some place like that?

Claire said...

I saw one at Ralphs... and I actually thought of you as I was posting this! I'm glad it helped. I'm going to email you this too, just in case you don't check back

Tanya said...

What a great find, When I have to cook a turkey I will be right there with you and I am not even a vegetarian.