Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Only a Little Nerdy...

So... Some of you may not know that I attended Space Camp the summer between Jr High and High School. It was an amazing week of simulations, cool rides and some astronomy stuff too. Only a little nerdy, but mostly really awesome. Anyway, so this week stay at the Huntsville academy was the only thing I had ever won. In 8th grade, I had to write an essay for the contest as a class assignment (it was that, or a history fair project with a paper and display board- yikes!). I was astonished when I won, because I had written my essay about my ideas for NASA if I was in charge... purely based on personal opinion and a late night episode of Nightline. Imagine my surprise this morning, when I stumble upon this SPACE ARTICLE on Msn.com that basically says that my essay was RIGHT! I am convinced that someone at NASA read my winning essay and put my plans into action (not really, but wouldn't that be rad!?).

1 comments:

Beth said...

Dude! I totally wanted to go to Space Camp. That's awesome.