Saturday, February 28, 2009

Seamstress for the Band

Last month, Ashton requested that I sew up some matching shirts for him and CB to wear for one of their big shows coming up. I didn't really think he was serious, until he mentioned it again, the week before the show. I had this vintage pattern that I got at a thrift store for a man's shirt that had these flaps that made them more unique then just a regular dress shirt. He picked out some fabric that I already had too, so I thought why not try? I'd never made a man's shirt before, but with a pattern it couldn't be that hard right? Well, it was and it wasn't. Turns out, I had just enough barely of the fabric to cut the shirts. Attaching the sleeves were pretty tricky too, they just didn't seem to line up perfectly. And I swapped out the buttons (and buttonholes-maybe next time haha) for easier snaps. But I finished them just hours before the show and here they are in action.

On stage at the Fonda


The view from the balcony. It was a pretty packed show.


Ashton Drumming


CB strumming

And both backstage modeling the shirts after they played
(don't mind the finger in the shot- oops)

5 comments:

Hillary said...

That is so cool and the shirts turned out great!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

They look awesome, and that show looked like the turn out was great! Love the shirts miss Claire, you are very talented.

The Linabooty's said...

So cute Claire! I told Ashton matching shirts are very boyz 11 men:) Love the flaps and color as well as Calebs pose!:)

Rachel said...

Love it claire! you did a great job and love the vintage flap!

makaya larson said...

I'm impressed missy great job!
I want to see them in person because I'm confused about the flaps