Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy Weekend!

** Caleb accidentally posted this before I'd written anything- haha, so I've added words now **

This week my mom and Aunt Mona came to visit. It was my aunt's first trip to LA so we made the rounds to the usual touristy spots.
The Observatory


Here is my mom while we were waiting in line for the upstairs telescope.
The upstairs telescope usually has a very long line, but on Thursday night, it was pretty reasonable. I do, however, recommend going to the telescopes on the front lawn. We saw an amazing view of Saturn from one of them.

Here is the three of us goofing off inside the planetarium show waiting for it to start.
I think the old man behind my Aunt Mona is asleep.
I took probably 15 pictures of us in the eerie twilight waiting for the show to start.

Here we are suited up and waiting to fly (at CityWalk) in the indoor skydiving tank.

This is me... I went even higher than this. I'm glad my face skin wasn't flapping too much, and that I got a good smile in- because at times it was pretty scary but exhilarating.


This is my mom flying in the tank. It was her idea to do it, and we had a lot of fun.

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I have always wanted to do that! Where did you go to do it? It looks like tons of fun!!

Anonymous said...

how cool! where is that at?

Tawny said...

You're so skinny and light I'm relieved you didn't get blown through the top of the tank! Great idea to do an ice skating group date too...

You're mom looks super nice. I was touched by the story of her teaching you by example to feed the poor.

The Linabooty's said...

This comment is mostly intended for Caleb.....remember when we came to L.A. and we went to all those cool places like Little Caesers and Walmart?

Makaya Larson said...

oh Harmony;)
that one of you in the tank is really cool claire I would blow that one up big....(pun intended:)
really though its a cool shot

Claire said...

Harmony- Did we take you to WalMart?! That's a real treat! We only go ever 3 or 4 months.

Sarah Heder said...

Dan did the same thing at Universal citywalk for a bachelor party. He said it was fun. I've wanted to try it too. Looks cool.