Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sitting in a room with a bunch of old people...

...seems like a lame way to spend a Saturday. But surprisingly- it's not! I had my second workshop for the Literacy program on Saturday and it is going great. I really like learning the phonics program, but more than that, I like learning about the different learning disabilities that people have. I like learning how the teacher can overcome these to help the learner. I was always a good student growing up. I understand that I was very lucky in that way. I have the kind of memory that just retains what I hear and read without a lot of extra effort. To be able to see and understand the world through someone else's eyes is an amazing gift. To take that gift and hopefully use it to help someone is so rewarding. I can't wait to meet my learner and begin this amazing journey.

0 comments: