Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fairy Princess baby doll

I seriously teared up when I saw this picture for the first time.


Makaya went above and beyond on this one. She found the doll bed. She found the perfect spot in my mom's backyard and made it resemble something out of a storybook. She burned her finger hot-glueing ribbon rosettes when I cluelessly handed her the headband and shrugged my shoulders (sorry about that, kaya :( ). And she also warned me just in the nick of time that Sadie was waking, and I was able to dive and catch her as she rolled off the back of the bed.
I plan to blow this one up big. There are a couple more here.
I totally am jumping ahead here... but spending the last few weeks at my mom's has made me think of my mom when she had little baby me and how someday Sadie will be in my shoes, looking at her childhood memories. I looked at my baby book (wow, I need to get on Sadie's... all we did so far was a footprint stamp), looked through my newborn photo album (she is a pretty good mix of the two of us, I'd say), and went through all the clothes that mom saved of mine. ...Anyway, I can't help but think that future Sadie is going to love this picture and that makes me very happy.

6 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

The wording on this post is confusing me....BUT

That photo is amazing. She is DARLING!!

Beth said...

AMAZING! She looks like perfection. I think I want to do a newborn photo shoot if I have another. I've never done one, and they are so sweet.

Claire said...

Yeah, I'm not sure why it broke it up like that. Weird.

Sarah Heder said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

Bekah B. said...

So precious, I love all of them! She is seriously such a good photographer, please let me know when she comes so I can book an appointment, and how much I should save!!! LOVE IT!

K said...

wow beautiful Picture.
She looks like a fairy princess.
Does not look like a photo but rather a painting. Unbelievable. :)